This week was pretty light on news, but we have some heavy hitters all the same. Quality over Quantity, right?
This Week in NecroNews
- Quantic Dream got acquired by Netease
- Steam update allows for cross-platform installing
- Microsoft opens a deal with Nintendo and Nvidia
- Atomic Heart petitioned to be banned by Ukrainian Government
- Valve bans over 40,000 Dota 2 accounts
- Ubisoft creates an anti-cheat measure for input spoofers
- Blumhouse Studios opens a game studio
Buried Alive Banger: Caligula Effect: Ovedose
This week's Buried Alive Banger, a segment where we highlight a game we think deserves more attention than it got, is Caligula Effect: Ovedose.
The Caligula Effect is a VERY good JRPG, and one that our mod has been pestering us to cover for about 2 years. With it's games set in a Matrix-like world where people delude themselves with escapism the series takes the rare non judgmental approach and explores the reasons that led them to wanting to escape. The game covers deep psychological and societa traumas and the hard realities that come with them.
It features a unique tactical approach to turn based gameplay inspired by making "music" on a music composing software. The combat is complimented by an amazing OST composed by various high-profile Vocaloid producers. Finally, despite it's low budget, is one of the most soulful JRPGs on the market right now.
If you have an unknown game you want to recommend for our Buried Alive Bangers, let us know through our NecroNews Discord.