Hololive's stellar songstress Hoshimachi Suisei makes history as she performs Stellar Stellar on The First Take, the first VTuber to do so. The music video has reached 3 million views as of this moment—and even capturing fans of Japanese music in general.
In other news, the lyric video for Production Kawaii Idol Project's Forever Bloom was released just before the 3D debut relay stream started. You should listen to it. As for the 3D debut relay, we will give some time to watch everything in one go.
Most of you know Ducky through his pieces for Dexerto, and we thank him for sharing his time with us. Watch out for stories from Ducky soon.
The Latest on NewsDrop
- We're still talking about AI Art, as we report on the Class Action Lawsuit filed against DeviantArt, Stability AI and Midjourney.
- The latest NecroNews is full of new information such as Valve's biggest game leak in its history.
- VTuber Music Recap will have a new name soon—for now, you can read the latest issue.
Brave Group to Transfer Aogiri High School IP to ViviON
Brave Group has announced that it has entered a business partnership with entertainment and content creation company viviON to transfer the intellectual property (IP) of one of its VTuber units Aogiri High School to the new company.
Hoshimachi Suisei Sings on "The First Take"
Suisei is set to perform her hit song Stellar Stellar with a special acoustic arrangement. The First Take on Twitter said that for the first time in its history, a VTuber will attempt to perform in one take for the channel.
Shylily’s Twitch Milestone Marked With Ad Campaign on Times Square
Shylily’s ad comes after she announced a partnership with energy drink brand Gamer Supps with the launch of an exclusive flavor called Blo’Hole Blast. As part of the collaboration, limited branded mouse mats are also available.
Nijisanji Debuts New Talents
Popular VTuber agency Nijisanji has announced the debut of seven new talents under its Japanese branch. Several of its talents come from the agency’s talent training project Virtual Talent Academy (VTA).
Finally, a VTuber Anime We Can Relate To...
Nana Nanato's light novel "VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral after Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream" brings real VTuber situations (as well as the chat room) into the spotlight. The story's so funny, we don't wonder why it will receive an anime adaptation.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel One Year After Launch
We take a deeper look at Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel one year after its launch through the experiences of its players.
Don't miss this story featuring Ironmouse, Nova Aokami, Mistress Doom and other VTubers plus content creators.
In Other News...
- Stream Breaks/Hiatus: Auregalia Aruri, Gundou Mirei, Feebee, Rexulili
- Ironmouse joins United Talent Agency
- Health Watch: Gems Company's Mizushina Aoi gets COVID-19, IRyS is struck with severe laryngitis and has to undergo a complete vocal rest.
- Tsunderia undergoes staff changes as managers Rei and Myst steps down from their positions.
- Sony Mocopi units are being delivered to select VTubers like Tsukino Mito and Lua Asuka—plus, it ties a partnership with Hololive Production.
- Hololive Indonesia Bunkasai Night (hi:BANA) is set to happen on February 11-12.
- e-Elements' Apex Legends Anniversary Celebration Dream Match guests several VTubers such as Mori Calliope, Shibuya Hal, Tokoyami Towa and Natsuiro Matsuri.
Milestones and Birthdays
- Amane Kanata (1.3 million YouTube subscribers)
- Reimu Endou (400,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Silvervale (400,000 followers on Twitch and Twitter)
- Mika Melatika (300,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Kitsui Akira (15 years as a content creator)
- WagashiTrash (3,000 Twitch followers)
- Kochou Cocoa (Birthday, January 18)
- Ayunda Risu (Birthday, January 18)
- Mysta Rias (Birthday, January 20)
- Lunaris Urufi (Birthday, January 20)
- Lucid Multimedia's Origins class (Re-debut, February 4)
You have reached the end of this week's NewsDrop. The good news is you can get notified of future releases via email—sign up with your email address below.
By doing so, you also receive information from us (and it won't be spam, we hate spam emails too.)
Tell us what you'd like to see on the weekly newsletter through the following:
- The NewsDrop section of the Kawa Entertainment Discord Server,
- @kawa_newsdrop on Twitter,
- or through email [email protected]
The Weekly NewsDrop is produced in collaboration with Kawa Entertainment. The views and opinions written on NewsDrop do not necessarily reflect those of Kawa Entertainment and its talents. Read our Editorial Policy for more details.
Banner Photo: THE FIRST TAKE on YouTube