We continue to keep abreast of the latest VTuber news on NewsDrop this week—at the same time, we continue tracking how many times we had to delay posting.
We understood that we've got plenty of news from last week, and we thank you for your patience as we sift through last week's biggest stories you need to know.
The Latest on NewsDrop
- Jay prepared a post-event digest of Anime Festival Asia's VTuber content with the help of AGCtv, Kirakirakat and reports from the internet.
- This week's NecroNews will be pre-empted by the upcoming Kawa Game Awards stream on Thursday, December 8. For now, here is last week's gaming news recap.
- Munkie reviews Gungrave G.O.R.E, and Mika raves about World of Warcraft: Dragonflight.
- Get ready for a wave of Spotlight features, as we get to interview VTuber groups and individuals this December. We've already featured Balangay Live and Serafina from AuroraLiveVR 极光社—who do you think will be next?
The agency also released videos on its YouTube channel—the VTuber 101 panel held at Nishi Fest, and the highlights of the recent talent collab stream.
Koziichu hosted her own model gacha stream where she changes her model every 5 minutes, and Xion is working on a huge song cover collab.
Sony's Mocopi Mobile Tracking Device
Japanese tech giant Sony has announced the release of ‘mocopi’, its newest mobile motion capture product. It uses six physical sensors in total, and a dedicated smartphone app to capture real-time motion into motion data and/or a movable avatar.
- The product is listed at ¥49,500 (~US$358.00), with pre-order starting in mid-December this year.
- Mocopi is set to be released by late January next year.
Live2D Cubism 5 Alpha Coming This Spring 2023
Live2D Cubism tool for 2D rigging will have a new version coming up next year, with an alpha version in both English and Japanese to be released next Spring.
Notable key features to be expected in the next version of Cubism software include:
- Dark Mode UI option
- Support for High DPI displays
- Palette docking for multiple displays
- Improvements to the physics settings dialog for better visibility and operability
- Native support for Apple M1 and M2 and more
Haruka Karibu Joins VShojo
VShojo's 2nd year anniversary stream brought the whole gang—and following that, a new member in the roster. Haruka Karibu is the latest to join the US-based agency known for its "talent-first" policy.
- "Today was the most happiest days of my life," the Canadian caribou VTuber expressed on Twitter following her VShojo debut stream.
- Haruka released a new outfit, which was playfully described in her most unique way—by and with herself.
- Her debut merch is available until December 24, which includes a t-shirt, hoodie, sticker sheet, keychain and a group poster.
- Prior to her VShojo debut, Haruka has participated in several collabs with its members, including Projekt Melody and Kson.
In Other News...
- FalseEyeD reports that Kson talked about not being able to collaborate with Nijisanji members during an ARK stream
- Yuki Astrea is on COVID watch
- Twitch releases a customizable Shield Mode for streamers to help curb harassment on stream
- Japan Railways Tokai to bring Virtual Nagoya station at Virtual Market 2022 Winter
- Indonesian group Insignia:Reality dissolves. (Twitter thread)
- Nuxanor gets livid after YouTube gave him a community guidelines strike
- UPROAR!!'s Yatogami Fuma and Utsugi Uyu takes over Nittele VTuber News
- CyberStep has announced Welcome Kokuri-san featuring VTuber Kurune Kokuri, set to be available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC via Steam, BOOTH and DLsite, iOS and Android in Winter 2023
- Clip Studio Paint rolls back its generative AI feature after user demand
- Amber Glow debuts new member Mumu
- Vexoria is 2022 GameHers Awards' Charity Streamer of the Year awardee
- Kotori Koiwai's Kotoneiro label releases new ASMR audio track featuring VTuber Miyamazaka Suimi
- YouTube debuts its "Like and Describe" podcast hosted by MatPat—featuring Hololive Engish's Gawr Gura, Mori Calliope and CEO YAGOO
- Hololive and DECO*27 collaborates for new "holo27" music project
- Hololive announces its 2023 Expo and 4th festival "Our Bright Parade" on March 18 to 29 at Makuhari Messe
- Anya Melfissa hosts "12 Hours of Fun" stream, with featured games such as Pokemon Violet, The Sims 4, Gartic Phone among others
- Zach Bussey reports that Discord has launched Server Subscriptions "with a 90% split for creators."
- Hive Social shuts down its app due to security issues
- Pepsi is now spreading the Pilk agenda with Lindsay Lohan—Vox Akuma calls Lohan 'based' for spreading the word
- Comfy VTuber Azuma Lim announces that circumstances that interfered with her activities have been resolved, closing a dark chapter in her career
- MyHolo TV's Liliana Vampaia and Virion Kisei will grace Comic Fiesta 2022
- Streams Charts' Most Watched Female Twitch Channels for November 2022 list Froot (2nd) and Shylily (10th)
- Oumiya Emma reaches the magic number—69,000 YouTube subscribers
- Shee Icho reaches 20,000 YouTube subscribers
- IRyS reaches 900,000 YouTube subscribers
- Takane Lui reaches 650,000 YouTube subscribers
- Onigiri reaches 100,000 Twitch followers
- Ojiki-chan celebrates 4th anniversary
- Momosuzu Nene celebrates 2nd anniversary and reaches 1 million YouTube subscribers
- Froot gets a new model—"Wan beans on toast?"
- YFU BABY and Jaiden get their own respective Live2D models
- Happy Birthday, Selen Tatsuki, Petra Gurin, Tenma Maemi, and Hayato Kagami!
Open Auditions, Job Posts and Pro Tips
- COVER Corp continues its campaign inviting fresh graduates to join its fold. (Japanese)
- Mori Calliope looks for someone who can make clips.
- Reina Sun looks for a video editor.
- Onigiri seeks artists for upcoming merch projects.
- Amber Glow opens auditions for its 3rd Generation VTubers.
- Mino Mieko timestamps her 6-hour stream, which can be beneficial for those who want to follow her steps as an indie VTuber.
- Get creative in changing your art mesh with T.H.I.C.C.
You have reached the end of this week's NewsDrop. The good news is you can get notified of future releases via email—sign up with your email address below.
By doing so, you also receive information from us (and it won't be spam, we hate spam emails too.)
NewsDrop is produced in collaboration with Kawa Entertainment. The views and opinions written on NewsDrop do not necessarily reflect those of Kawa Entertainment and its talents. Read our Editorial Policy for more details.Banner Photo: Innsomenya on YouTube