Indonesian VTuber agency Yume Reality has announced its rebrand effort to YumeLive, according to its recent press release. In addition, long-time chief executive officer Raditya Bagaswara is stepping down from his position, and will be replaced by Ito Goro.
- The press release didn’t mention the reasons for the rebrand effort, but it did mention that Bagaswara is “moving to other opportunities” as the reason for his CEO resignation.
- YumeLive promises to its fans that it will be improving its entertainment content and hopes to launch more VTubers in the longer run.
- The company also added that they hope they can gain the trust of their community back through these changes.
At the moment, YumeLive is left with two talents: Nekoyama Sena and Nemutaka Yuta. Recently, the company teamed up with metaverse company Metanasia to launch a talk show about the metaverse experience, hosted by Sena.
Despite the recent positive changes, YumeLive isn't a stranger to a wave of issues and departures:
- Cerys Lobelia graduated December 18, 2021, citing personal reasons and difficulty to continue streaming in her situation back then.
- In the early half of 2022, two first-generation talents also graduated namely Ryuuki Tatsuya (February 2022), and Tsuyu Hortenshia (May 2022).
- In September 2022, the agency announced the graduation of its entire second generation called “Jolly Jungle.” They were composed of Keroro Suika, Aika Merum and Koguma Keiya.
- While the graduation was set for September 28, the agency came under fire after a controversy involving its talent Keroro Suika came into light regarding the results of a music cover contest. As a result, the agency terminated her on September 9.
Source: YumeLive Press Release