Bandai Namco Music Live (formerly Bandai Namco Arts) has officially launched a new VTuber group named MEWLIVE Friday, September 28. "Generation 0" has been announced which include talents Gaou Musubi and Kumano BearTrice.
Auditions for its first generation are also open up until October 12. Applicants can be of any nationality, as long as they are based in Japan and can visit Tokyo upon request.
Moreover, aside from the minimum age requirement of 18 years old and above for the application, interested talents must agree to stream at least 3-4 times a week. More details on their auditions here.
Meet The Generation 0 Talents
Gaou Musubi describes her lore as being the modern-day form of the Mosasaurus (yes, the actual extinct form of squamate reptiles), and now lives the carefree life as a god of the sea. One day, she found herself being washed ashore in a Japanese coast, and was picked by her current master.
- In one of her latest collaborations, she streamed alongside voice actress Kotori Koiwai, known for voicing characters such as Elaine in The Seven Deadly Sins and PA-San in Bocchi The Rock!.
- Prior to her debut with MEWLIVE, Gaou had already been streaming since May of this year and has a close affinity with playing horror games such as Phasmophobia and Resident Evil 4.
- Her character designer is Sorotu, who has worked with talents such as Hololive's Nekomata Okayu and VOICE-ORE's Rin Sumirezaki for official illustrations.
Kumano's lore revolves around a stuffed bear toy that wasn't sold for a long time, until it took the form of a girl sometime later through magic. She adds that her dream is to "become the world's number one mascot."
- Interestingly, she sort of showed a bit of herself early on one of her streams, showcasing her real-life costume (which is just composed of comfy house clothes and large bear paw gloves).
- It is evident that one of her favorite hobbies are taking pictures—even a whole stream was dedicated to it recently.
- Her character designer is Yuu, known as the character designer of PRISM Project's Non Anon and VSPO!'s Shiranami Ramune. She has also worked with other VTuber groups such as the Kaname Mahiro, LiLYPSE, among others.
This was not the first time Bandai Namco had experimented into VTubers—it previously launched an experiential project called Go Round Game, which uses a mix of VTuber models and AI software to operate the whole stream, including interacting with chat and deciding the next move for a game.